Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Coming down with another cold

The last four or five winters I haven't had any colds or flus, but this year I already contracted a nasty (possibly swine) flu at Carnage, and now I'm getting a cold. Symptoms are a cold sore, sniffles, sneezing, coughing, and headaches, but no fever, aches, or other indications of flu (no surprise, I had the full round of vaccinations). Not fair since I already was down a week with flu!

At work me and my team comprise four people. One of them has been out all week, another one was out Monday, and the third is out today and probably will be the next few days. I really should be home today and plan to be tomorrow, but that's likely to leave my section with just one person. And it's already quite a crush for two of us. It's going to be hard on her tomorrow without me, but I don't think I'll feel up to coming in -- I already don't.

I hope I'm feeling better in time for the blood drive on Saturday, not to mention a boardgame day, and then shopping and a movie on Sunday. Being sick is dumb.

No comments: