Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not ready for autumn

It's already dark in the morning when the alarm goes off. I am not ready for that. I've been stuck in life-on-hold for so long now, due to work stuff and the sudden demands of dog-owning, that I feel like someone stole the whole summer while my back was turned, except for a few weekends here and there.

Thank goodness we managed those three days on the beach in Maine; without that, I would probably be a lot worse. But even so, I'm just not emotionally ready for the summer to be gone. I am just now starting to feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, though it's still far away but I can see it now, but by time I get there it'll be time to deal with snow and the holidays and hauling wood and fighting with the finances through the tight part of the year.

I need to drop a few things from my life for a few more months until I can feel sane and unpressured again.

No comments: