My concern right now is just matching up the various inputs. My components are:
- A DISHNetwork 622 DVR, feeding to my TV on component video and audio
- A Playstation 3, feeding to my TV on HDMI
- A Toshiba HD-DVD player, feeding to my TV on HDMI via a 3-way HDMI switch
- A D-Link DSM-520, feeding to my TV on component video and audio
- An old VCR
- A composite input sometimes used for older video games, etc.
I'm going to need to evaluate what my audio output options are so that I can present them to the Geek Squad to get the most out of the time available.
My hopes are, in order of descending priority:
- Great audio quality with movies.
- Also good quality for music.
- Being able to turn the TV off while the music is playing and having it still play.
- Not having to fiddle with changing input on two devices every time I change