Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pick up your signs!

One of the things I daydream about doing if I were elected Supreme Tyrant is putting a law into place that forces political campaigns to clean up their signs promptly.

Perhaps after five days had passed since the election, people could turn in abandoned signs for $1, and the campaign that placed the sign would then be fined $1.50 and 1 vote.

Now we just need a way to make sure people can't forge signs of their opponent's campaigns, or steal them to turn in late. Or maybe we should encourage them to steal each other's signs. That'd mean fewer signs to look at.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, 100% here. Maybe all restaurants can do what one is doing here -- offering a free appetizer to each person who brings in a sign!

Hawthorn Thistleberry said...

I like that. Free appetizers! But it doesn't give the campaigns motivation to clean up first. Unless they have to pay for the appetizers! You there, I didn't vote for you, but buy me lunch anyway!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the idea of the campaign having to pay for the appetizers! Now, that's brilliant!