- The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein.
- The Phantom Tollbooth, Norton Juster.
- Hamlet, William Shakespeare.
- In Search Of Schroedinger's Cat, John Gribbin.
- 100 Great Science Fiction Short Short Stories, edited by Isaac Asimov.
- The Selfish Gene, Richard Dawkins.
- Stranger In A Strange Land, Robert A. Heinlein.
- Permutation City, Greg Egan.
- Goedel, Escher, Bach, Douglas Hofstadter.
- The Mind's I, edited by Douglas Hofstadter and Daniel C. Dennett.
- The Gay Science, Friedrich Nietzsche.
- A Sand County Almanac, Aldo Leopold.
- AD&D Player's Handbook and AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide, Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll.
- Against A Dark Background, Iain Banks.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Douglas Adams.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Books that stick with you
The challenge: without thinking too hard about it, just doing the first that come to mind, list the 15 books that stick with you. Only I couldn't do 15, I had to do 20, which is a more manageable number. Here's my list, in no particular order: